Sunday, August 24, 2008

Paranoia is contagious in Male' sheesh


When you have been out of the country for a few months or more, you get adapted to the community you are residing in and where you were becomes distant place till you go back again. Once you return you see these odd bits about this society you left and have come back to. Sometime it’s weird and scary to return and find out that things have gotten much worse than it used to be.

Having heard about the gang violence and street fights, I was asked by my friends and parents not to entertain verbal abuse by these young and notorious men and women who seems to wander around in male’. Jobless maybe homeless I don’t know what there intentions are. Besides the politics I think it is the most depressing thing I have seen. Well any way I am a paranoid little idiot when i am being myself.

Second day in male’ I was coming home after meeting a certain web developer/photographer. I live in this area where a lot of political and gangster disturbance rises from time to time. The thing is the lights on our road are broken, and even after complaining for a week or two it has not been replaced saying its going to be broken again.. I was just a few blocks away from home when this guy wearing a yellow t- shirt started to follow me verbally abusing me. And he touched me. I turned around to see who he was but I couldn’t make out his face.

I rushed home and was getting ready to go out with a friend, when mom came dropped off my brother and went off again. As soon as she left this guy wearing a yellow t shirt scratching his head comes in to the house and in to our room. I screamed and screamed at him” get out of the room now” and shut the door tight with my youngest brother behind me.

Hearing me shout one of my house mate came out and called my brother saying” alyan your quruan sir is here”

SHIT ! that was hell of an embarrassing situation… I was so embarrassed. He is coming tonight again and im so not staying home.

Oh and by the way this quruan teacher isn’t the guy who followed me verbally abusing me though they both are young and skinny. He was standing near the corner hotel when I got out later that night. It was that coincidence this quruan teacher was wearing a yellow tshirt that night. Sheesh I felt so stupid.

No comments: