Tuesday, August 26, 2008

imposter parents for PT meetings


Looking back at those days at school during my o’levels and a’levels, I remember what I dreaded most – the parent teacher meetings. I guess even today it remains the same for most of the students. When it comes to parents meeting the school teachers, supervisors or the administrators it becomes a nightmare. Back during those days us students used to take our brothers or sisters or someone like a cousin to these meetings, sometimes students took their boy friends which by the way was pretty rare.

Catching up with some of my younger family members, I found out that still most of their friends dread the PT meetings. And since this is the time of the terms/semester that these meetings become famous I myself had volunteered to go as a pretend parent. That was when one of them told me what he and his friends had done.

I will name this person “X” because he will kill me if I tell who he is. Anyway a few weeks ago X’s friend got busted after a fight that the school demanded he bring his father to meet the supervisor. This boy is studying for his a’ levels in male’ and I don’t think I do not need to mention the name of the school. This boy also happens to be a very famous business mans son. The thing was if he took his father to school he wont be able to go out with X or any others boys of his gang. So they made a plan

The person X is quite fat and looks pretty old when he dresses up. hence they decided that X should go as the father. With his new grown beard and decent hair style a bit of old fashioned shirts and pants X went to school posing as a father. He had previously practiced a dialogue of what they should do and should say. To my surprise and his surprise the supervisor bought the act.

Person X explained that he was told of the boys behavior, and acts to which he blamed the boys and later sent the boy off to discuss some serious matters like the fact that the schools canteen was way too out of style and expensive. Person X criticized various things about the school and blamed the school about not being able to handle the students and teachers and the lessons that produce good citizens. And again another surprise was the supervisor agreed and stated that the school under the current head was difficult to operate and not at all satisfactory and would rather send her own son/daughter abroad than waste it there in that school

Conclusion: STUPID supervisor , brilliant students… and how the hell and 18 year old got away as a parent of another 18 year old… seriously …

2 comments:

EmXee® said...

good one its all true as in my story my mom worked in same school as a office administrator and i was stuck there for 7 years and all i planed with friends to make a big good plan and until i finish my o' levels all i learn was brilliant ideas to ditch Parent teacher meetings so its quit in our blood that we do such fool proof planes hehe i guess u also know that this is not much surprising.. ask the younger kids in grade seven they come up with much surprising planes than this since i know how my lil sis do it although mom is working in school she come up with planes that i could'nt wel i guess student may not get much education but one thing they sure get is how to fool around and get away with it.... hehe

Thom said...

yeah exactly..
wen i was in school the 10 supervisor had a massive crush on my brother.. so i used to take him all the time and i got off scot free as the supervisor signed off on behalf of all my teachers.. who had nothing good to say about me :P
kekekek!
goooo students!!!