Sunday, February 24, 2008

HOLIDAY JOURNAL. (PART I)

Holiday is the time for fun and relaxing. It is a time to get away from work or studies. I’ve never had a holiday in which I got to do things as I wanted. It was always planned out for me by my parents. Except this time I wasn’t with them, for them to decide what I wanted.

I got a semester break of one month after my first semester exam. I was sick with flu during the exams and even after the exams it didn’t go away. When the holiday started I wasn’t sure how I wanted to spend it. While my mom insisted that I come to male’ for the holidays I was very much sure that I didn’t want that. Why waste 600$ on my tickets to Male’ when I can spend it here in Malaysia to enjoy and explore. So what were my excuses not to go to male’?

No one would be in Male’ which was true because they all had school and my friends were still studying where the wind had blown them to. Its boring there and id have nothing to do except loaf around. Any way I didn’t go saying that I don’t have the money to go. So how did I spend it?

My holidays started by being in bed for a day or two with fever and bad cold that I was totally ignoring. With that as a burden on my shoulder, I went to visit a close and old friend (friend A), a friend from my A’ levels (friend B) and a friend I made while out with my housemates (friend C). I stayed with friend A for one night and went out to shoot some arrows in pyramid with friend B. Which was fun considering that I was shooting every where else except where I am suppose to. Maybe that’s a bit of an exaggeration but I was bad at it. Anyways what do you expect, the bow it self was taller than me. My friend B has the proof.

me the robin hood female version

really bad robin hood number two is where my first arrow struck!

look here the bow is taller than me no wonder i suck!

After the archery I went out with friend C to a late night outing. We came home really late. It was so late that my mom would definitely have a heart attack if she found out. (Oops I forgot my mom probably reads this blog, never mind). After we came back we stayed up chatting and decided to take a dip in the pool. My friend C went in first and it was cold. I know it’s an unstated rule, to avoid swimming especially early in the morning when the pool is freezing when one is having a cold/flu. I broke it like I break most rules. I had to face the consequences when I woke up the next morning.

I woke up to find that I have no voice. I had no bloody voice. I had to whisper. All my chit chats were like secret whispers. And I suffered for two whole days. I had to tolerate with the teasing with a huff. I would have loved to yell each time someone said something but unfortunately I had severe laryngitis.

Upon returning to KL the very next day I found out my best friend was in town visiting her sister. After seeing the doc about my stolen voice and bad cold I went off to meet my best friend and got invited to go on a trip with them. Traveling and I go pretty well unlike archery. I went with them to a hilly area in north of Malaysia called the Fraser’s Hill.

Fraser hill trip was my first trip with a group of friends who were my age. No wonder it turned out great. From the start to end it was awesome. The best part of the trip was the fact that I found out what the poets actually mean when they say “like the fog silently sweeps in to the night”. I stayed up all night watching the fog roll in. I enjoyed the whistles and the howling of the wind that was both eerie and creepy. All those creepy sounds of the nature, and creepy sights I witnessed were awesome. For someone who freezes at any temperature below 24 degree Celsius I did pretty well below 17. The best part about the trip was the jungle trekking.

We explored two trails – The Hemmant Trail and the Bishops Trail. Going through the narrow steep trails made me feel kind of happy, I mean it was fun but tiring… any ways this is the end of the first half of my holiday… ill tell you about the other half as soon as I can write it all down .

exploring the Bishops trail. all of us except for three of them who are missing!
me and my best bud taking a walk

near the clock tower only one of us missing!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've been to frasers hill as well ... thought am not sure if its the north of malaysia ...
took the same kinda group pic near the clock tower in the center of the small town ...
love the restaurant there ... dont remember the name ... i guess it was called the smoke house or stake house or something ...
also like the waterfall further up ...
hope you enjoyed the trip ...

Anonymous said...

i miss u n ur best frend hehehehehehhe

shan said...

even with a question mark....arra will still be arra...lol..u guys had alota fun eh...i think i'm goin to malay next month :) if i do go there..i'll be stayin for a month or so...frasers hill sounds kool..gota check it out...

kaiza shozey said...

u shud really check it out shan. its awesome. we had an awesome time there. too bad we couldnt go horseback riding. lucky bastard animals. (if u know what i mean) hehe.
P.S-who's fenfulhangi? dont tell me its a certain someone who is in the U.S now?

aesha said...

ooh nice! plus arra is stil visible..i mean tiny lil bit of his face:P

SoE said...

sounds like you had a lotta fun. Sucks that I dont' get holidays like you. love the new colours.

iecco said...

saw the vedios u guys probably had so much fun!!